It has become a common and appropriate practice to take spirits at societal events. There is a rather thin line between alcohol consumption at parties, occasionsand alcohol abuse. Many others cross this line, without even knowing that there alcohol consumption practice has become a dependency.Excessively alcohol consumption cancause bodily and psychological damage to the drinker along withadversely disturbingpeople around them.
Alcohol abuse or alcohol addiction is consideredas a weakness, therefore many of the alcoholics attempt to hide their drinkinghabit or try to weaken or minimize it. Alcoholism could be detectedby observing behavioural pattern of the drinker. Otherwise observation of the behavioral pattern is the most reliable way to identify alcoholism.
Alcoholism is excessivedrinking leading to adverse effects on the drinker's health, profession or societal life. Every individual alcoholic exhibits various levels and designs of alcohol addiction. Thusdiagnosis of alcohol addiction is rather difficult. But there are methods, which are used for diagnosis of alcohol addiction.
• Healthcare specialists make use of several diagnostic tests to recognize hazard for alcohol addiction in a variety of drinkers. They use numerous kinds of surveys.Some of the most populartests are Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (MAST), the CAGEquestionnaire, and the TACE survey. There are various more surveys, which are used forassessment of degree of alcohol addiction or its threat.
• Has the drinker ever sensed the need of reducing alcohol consumption?
• Has he ever been bothered by individuals criticizinghim for his drinking?
• Has the drinker ever felt guilty or bad about his drinking?
• Has the drinker ever ingested alcoholic drinkfirst thing in the morning to ease or steady his anxiety?
• Has the person ever usedalcohol in the morning to get rid of a hangover?
• How many alcohol toconstitute a high forhim?
• Another method of diagnosis of alcohol addiction is various blood tests to analyze various bodily functions. drinks of alcohol might also be determined by presence of alcohol in blood or liver or kidney. Excessconsumption of alcohol likewise negatively affect kidney.
• An experienced medical professional might sense alcohol problem if a client visits him for otherphysical problems, whichmay result due to immoderate usage of alcohol. Physician might perform added tests for abdominal issues, cardiac arrest, alcohol withdrawal, or cirrhosis, depending upon the symptoms of the client.
• Other factor, which could show alcohol addiction, is abrupt modifications in behavior of the drinker. If any of the symptoms suggest alcohol addiction, it is much better to go for physical tests for alcoholism. Prompt diagnosis assists in appropriatetreatment of alcohol addiction or alcoholaddiction.
Alcohol abuse or alcoholism isconsidered as a weakness, hence most of the alcoholics try to hide their drinking practice or attempt to undermine or minimize it. Alcoholism is immoderate drinking resulting inadverse outcomeson the drinker's health, occupation or social life. •Healthcare specialists make use of a number ofscreening tests to identify risk for alcoholism indifferent drinkers. If any of thesymptoms suggest alcohol addiction, it is much better to go for bodily tests for alcohol addiction.Timely medical diagnosis helps in appropriate treatment of alcohol addiction or alcohol addiction.